The Coast's second annual
Halifax Oyster Festival
Saturday October 1st, 2016, two sessions 2-5pm & 7-10pm
The second annual Halifax Oyster Festival is back on the Halifax waterfront offering the unique convergence of Maritime sea and land terriors.
3-hour sessions include:
- All-you-can-slurp raw oysters from 16 different Nova Scotia, PEI and New Brunswick oyster farmers (and even 1 from British Columbia!)
- Greeting sample of Benjamin Bridge's Nova 7 sparkling wine
- A selection of chowder, lobster rolls and mussels to purchase
- Wine, craft beer, cider, Caesars samples to purchase (More stations than last year!)
- Shuck N' Learn station
- 2nd annual Nova Scotia Oyster Shucking Competition
- Select Nova Scotia Store to purchase packaged oysters, wine and oyster paraphanelia to take home
New this year: Save time by pre-purchasing your food and drink sample tickets. Follow the steps in the checkout cart. Tickets will be available for pick-up at the gate.
Room packages (including tickets) available with the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront.
Get your tickets now for the exclusive Oyster Festival Kick Off event: The Pearl Jam. (limited tickets available!)
Children under 12 are free, strollers are strongly discouraged.
Children under 19 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
More information at oysterfest.ca
Halifax Oyster Festival is produced by The Coast, Halifax's weekly newspaper.
Photos by Lenny Mullins.